THE PORTER FAMILY

THE PORTER FAMILY

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Progress, Sort of...

New Tub
Old Washer/Dryer

Today has been one of those days. The new tub was installed yesterday along with the plumber actually showing up to do his job. Now we wait for an acceptable bid for the tile. Hopefully that won't take as long as everything else. Monday the washing machine broke. I ordered new ones Tuesday, you know the huge ones that can do everything. We were thinking about getting them anyway but spending more money on our house right now is getting hard. I don't even think we have a budget anymore (not a good thing).

Pete at Tubzz called this afternoon to settle the bill for the new master bath tub we ordered - fair enough. I knew he would call, and I knew I needed to pay him. We agreed I could pay the plumbers separate since they aren't finished with their job here. The problem started when Pete wanted me to pay $249.00 for the Ozone feature on the tub. But he had promised me $100.00 off. I know a hundred dollars isn't that big of a deal, but this bathroom is starting to really add up and now the whole washer/dryer situation. Kate was crying at my feat and Ethan had pushed a chair to the kitchen counter and was pushing buttons on the phone. Needless to say I lost it. Rarely do I tell people exactly how I feel (when I am angry) but I feel like a woman on the edge lately. Unfortunately Pete got my wrath. I said/threatened all sorts of things to which I am not proud. Bottom line I told him I was going to fax him the paper where he himself wrote that I could have the $100.00 off. He then quickly said he can't remember everything that happens with all his clients, boo who! I got my way but have felt awful ever since.

Things are crazy around here, which can be good and bad. Ethan and Kate are passed hard, most days are survival. I love them beyond words and can't imagine life without them but dang it is hard having two babies ten months apart!!! I don't remember much when Emily and Savanah were little, I think I blocked a lot of it out. I do remember a lot of tears and not understanding why life was hard for me. I wanted kids and was so happy I had them, but know one could have told me it would be such a challenge. At least someday it will be easier and I will look back and probably won't remember much...maybe that is a gift!

I wouldn't change anything in my life, accept maybe loosing my temper with people that probably don't deserve it. I know the babies are going to be hard for quite sometime and I see that as progress (that I already know this will be hard for a while!) House projects will eventually get finished, maybe later that sooner but that is okay, and I will learn to survive it all!

No comments: